Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal No Protein Cookies
As “convenient” and “healthy” as protein baking can be, what’s a lifter to do when they don’t feel like embracing full-blown #fitchick status?
Simple. Make Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal No Protein Cookies.
The perfect pre-workout carb source to fuel a skin-splitting pump.
Earlier in the week, I had 2 rice cakes with ground turkey, and a bowl of oats with one of these cookies on top as my pre-leg day meal.
I haven’t had a leg pump so fierce in weeks. Enough said.
Not only are these delicious, and make for a great carb source, but they’re incredibly simple to make. Best of all, if you’ve got a refeed coming up, you could easily make a batch of these and knock a bunch back.
Now, let’s throw things back to your childhood and make some cookies.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pinch of sea salt & cinnamon
- 1TSP vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar – you could make these lower carb by using granulated stevia
- 1 overripe, mashed banana
- 1/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 2TBSP cashew, almond, or peanut butter
- 2TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Toss the oats, sea salt, cinnamon, and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Mix MASStheticaly
- Mash the banana together with the yogurt, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Use a tablespoon to portion out the batter, and place on a baking tray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The oats should look golden and almost caramelized.
- Dunking in milk and reminiscing on your childhood
- As part of a delicious pre-workout meal
- While you think of ways to add more carbs to the recipe
Macros Per Cookie: #BecauseMeathead
PS. If you’re enjoying what I’m putting down here and want each and every post sent straight to your inbox, click here, drop your email and join the MASSthetics Clan (it’s 100% free, 100% fucking awesome and I can guarantee you’ll move closer to the physique you’re after).